Thursday 10 May 2012

On Friendship and Jigsaws

I think I am truly blessed. I have a handfull of beautiful girlfriends. I value them for many reasons; they are smart, funny, interesting, supportive and wise. Some I see a couple of times a week and some not so often, but I love them and my life would be lesser without them.

This afternoon I arrived at one friend's house, we chatted a little bit, I cuddled her very cute baby and then hung out doing her jigsaw. My friend and I didn't speak much, it was all about the jigsaw. I was offered dinner, but declined, too focused on the jigsaw. The family ate and kids got ready for bed around me, perfectly comfortable with the fact that I was there doing a jigsaw.



Last night I got brilliant career advice from another friend and the night before I knew it would be ok to phone a girlfriend at 11pm about the dyslexia action we are working together on.

I know that if for some reason we could not buy food for a month these girls would make sure we ate well for that month.

Sometimes I tell my friends how much they mean to me and enrich my life, but probably not enough.

How do your friends enrich your life?


1 comment: