Wednesday 2 May 2012

10 Things I Love About You

My Year 10 English class and I watched, "10 Things I Hate About You" the other day. The poem  featured in the film inspired me to write a poem about some of the things I love about Riley.

10 Things I Love About You

I love the way you talk to me,
and share your great ideas.
I love the way you laugh and smile,
and the way you dance all crazy.
I love the dimples on your hand,
and the twinkle in your eyes. 
I hate it when you're sick, or sad,
It even makes me cry.
I love your spirit, the way you play.
I love the way you ask me why.
I love the way you play dressups,
Even more, I love the way you don't give up.
I love you so much my heart could burst.
I hope the world will always treat you well,
but mostly, I love the fact that you call me mummy,
and hold my hand,
and snuggle up,
and always make me smile.


2 comments: