Thursday 2 August 2012

Feeling Anxious


You know that horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach? I've always called it a sense of forboding and am lucky that I haven't felt it too often in my life, until now. That horrible feeling seems to be with me all of the time, for the last two weeks. I'm pretty sure it is anxiety and I am overly anxious at the moment, but I just want it to go away.

I'm anxious because my pay has dropped considerably (my choice) and the bills have not dropped accordingly and I'm anxious about my beautiful Riley who struggles so much at school and I can't help worrying for him. I have always been sympathetic towards those who do suffer from anxiety, but I don't think I have ever had a full understanding of the issue, but I feel like I am getting an insight into it at the moment.

Nothing seems to help, no amount of talking, or trying to put my worries to the back of my mind gets rid of the feeling. Today I bought some Bach's Rescue Remedy and I've been squirting, it hasn't helped yet, but maybe its a cumulative effect, that's what I'm telling myself anyway.

I know that the money issue is a small thing and I will stop worrying about it, it  will just take some adjustments in our household and that's fine. I can always go back to my teaching job if all else fails. What I don't think I can change is the constant worry I feel for Riley. I've watched him slip further and further behind his peers and it seems that there is nothing we can do about it.

I know there are people dealing with much bigger problems, but for me, right now, this problem seems huge.

8 comments:

  1. There is no reasoning with anxiety. It is a huge problem and you need to take it to task for you!
    I've lived with anxiety for more than half my life... and learned how to manage it for me.
    The Rescue Remedy is only one of my tools and I know how to cope in the moment.
    See your doctor for a referral to find some methods that could help for you.
    Do you have any friends you can call to chat and nut out stuff with? That's usually my big one.
    All in all, just remember it does get better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxiety can be really debilitating. I remember having massive panic attacks when I first arrived in Australia, I was on my own and didn't know a soul. What helped me was to have a really concrete plan. Lists of things to get done, ways to meet people, a clear budget and a back up plan. It also helped me to do something physical to sort of burn up the nervous energy!
    Sending calming thoughts your way. It will get better xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, anxiety is the worse. I used to have the worse anxiety attacks towards the end of my sales career. At least you've identified it I'm going to echo what Carmen said...a trip to the doctor's maybe? Hoping it gets better for you and Riley xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Rescue Remedy is working pretty well.

      Delete
  4. I have suffered from anxiety on and off for years and I know how stressful it can be trying to live with it. I'm so sorry that oyu have to live with it. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete