Saturday 23 June 2012

Review - Little Creatures



On Saturdays I write a review on goods or services, today I'm reviewing Little Creatures. Little Creatures is located on Mews Road in Fremantle and is a seriously cool restaurant and brewery. The wait staff are young and hip and the buildings are multi-level warehouse style with a view to the working brewery and the harbour beyond. Even though you need to be a hipster to work here, they let anyone in to eat and drink and the every time I have been there I have seen a diverse range of people there. It is my family's favourite place to eat in Fremantle.


The weather was decent today, so we decided to meet up with a friend for lunch at Little Creatures, as always it did not disappoint. The place is hugely popular and has grown from one building to three with areas out the front, back, upstairs and downstairs to sit in, even though there is so much room, it can be difficult to find a vacant table. They do have a number of long communal tables and we choose one of these out the back, inside is very noisy and my ageing husband usually spends the whole time saying "what?". Outside is always the best option, but we usually grab any table and then go on a reconnaissance mission to find a table outside.


I ordered the steak sandwich with frites, which was very tasty. The frites here are brilliant, they are hand cut, skins and all. I'm not a big potato lover, but I love these. My husband, friend and the kids had pizza, which they enjoyed. Riley didn't actually want to eat his half of the pizza because he was too busy playing in the sandpit they have out the back. He was excited about the sticky date pudding, but didn't eat that either, I did though and it was really good!



I think that if you have visitors to Perth, or are coming to Perth Little Creatures is a must visit spot to take a break from exploring the many attractions of Fremantle. It is cool, but not pretentious, the food is generally good. There is a great vibe to the place and sitting out the back you can look over Fishing Boat Harbour while your kids play in the big sandpit. A friend told me that Lion Nathan have bought the place, but promise not to change a thing. I really hope they keep their promise because Little Creatures is a gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment