Friday 1 June 2012

Review - The Couture Portrait

On Saturdays I write a review on goods or services, today I'm reviewing The Couture Portrait. Popular Perth photograher, Jen Regan from Anna Rose Photography, has created a the most beautiful business in The Couture Portrait, where she promises "extravagantly beautiful portraits". She promises her photos will be the most beautiful portraits that you have ever owned and having sat for Jen I can attest to the truth of this statement..

Booking a session with The Couture Portait is an experience, the cost includes professional hair and make up then a sitting in Jen's residential studio, where the light is perfect. I personally hate having my photo taken, but Jen has a real talent for putting you at ease and before I knew it I was laughing and the whole process felt very natural.

Jen has done her research and knows how to hide your worst bits and bring out your best. I was a little uncomfortable about the photos as I was not at a weight I was happy with, but as Jen says on the website, "it's about finding your inner beauty right now". That is such a true statement, especially for women, we are so critical of our bodies and how we look, if we waited until we felt 100% happy with our looks we would probably never have a photo taken in our lives.

We've all seen those glamour photos where the person is hardly recognisable after the extreme makeover and soft focus lens, but Jen's photos are not like that. They are glamourous, but you still look like yourself.

These photos are really special to me, and I think as women, we should all spoil ourselves occasionally.



No comments:

Post a Comment