Wednesday 20 June 2012

Girls



Riley was telling me last night that some girls were following him around at lunchtime yesterday and it was bugging him. Always quick to slip into defensive parent mode, I asked him what they were saying. I was thinking perhaps he was being bullied by them. They were saying how cute he was and that they want to marry him! Well, how can I be angry, or complain about that?

Riley's main issue is that he and a little girl from his old school decided they were going to get married one day and even though Riley does not see her anymore, he still talks about the fact that he and Kate are getting married. He speaks of her eyes shining like the stars in the sky and her skin being as smooth as chocolate, very romantic stuff.

I tried to discuss with him the possibility of being open to other romantic interests, being eight and all, but he shut me down very quickly. As far as he is concerned at this point in time, his mind is made up and his marriage is all set to go ahead with Kate one day. I find this very cute and very amusing. He is a loyal little fellow and what woman wouldn't want that as a quality in a potential husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment