Monday 11 June 2012

From Now On, I'm Teflon

When I started my blog a friend warned me that I would get criticism, well it happened today.

The message I received today about my blog from a girl I went to high school was nasty and judgemental. I was and am really hurt by what she wrote, including, that it is good that Riley can't read, so he can't read my blog and that I should stop writing about him and spend more time with him.

I don't know why I started writing about my life with Riley, but I really enjoy it and talk to him about what I am writing and we do spend lots of time together doing stuff.

For me writing about my life is a way for me to unpack what is happening, to reflect on what has happened and to connect with others who have similar stories to tell.

I hope her natsy comment will be the last, but if not, it will be the last one that I let hurt me.

4 comments:

  1. 2 words - F*** Her.

    I love your writing. I know you are a good mum, I see that in all your pics and the other things you say about Riley, not on this blog.

    Jace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen - Thank you for sharing your life with us. It is a brave thing to bare your life and thoughts warts and all and many people would not do it. From what I see you are a great mum and love Riley unconditionally. He is lucky to have caring parents like you and Cliff who are willing to try different things and are actively involved in his life. I see many kids who could be so lucky. It makes me sad to think that this person felt the need to react in such a way - life is far too short to inflict your opinions on others. Everyone is different which I think is great, but no one has the right to be mean and nasty. I admire your resolve to move forward.
    hugs
    Trish
    xxx

    ReplyDelete