Sunday 29 April 2012

Mummy Makeover

I used to loathe fancy dress parties, but as I have matured I really enjoy them now. last night a friend had a 1950s cigar lounge inspired by "Mad Men" for her 40th. I guess it is not technically fancy dress, but my husband and I dressed up in a way that we would not normally dress to go to a party. I actually really love the dress I bought so will definitely wear it again, but Cliff's suit and tie bought from Vinnies will probably be sent straight back to them on Monday.

Most of the invitations that wind up on our fridge are for Riley these days. The few invitations which have been for us have been really great parties. Last year a friend hired a roaming magician, who was incredible, another had a karaoke machine and photobooth. I knew this party would not disappoint, so I decided to go the whole hog. And this is my makeover.

Before


Hair dye bought


And applied, jeez, that is red!



Heated rollers
I asked my husband to by me some heated rollers while he was out. He came back with some that he bought at the Salvos that were probably made in the 50s and had no clips with them, somehow I managed to cobble a hairdo out of them!


And voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment