Thursday 26 July 2012

The Birthday Edition



It was my birthday on Wednesday and even though I was going to have a 40th birthday party, the reality is that I just turned 44. As with all Devlin family events, there was a little bit of drama with an eviction. Eviction aside, from the we managed to piece together a nice night. My husband baked a pie with my name on it (lololol) and I got book vouchers and champagne, proof that my friends and family know me well.


I really struggle with the fact that I am now sprinting towards middle age. When I think of myself I still see someone young, so it is a real suprise each time I see myself in a mirror. I really don't want to get old! It is not even so much about the wrinkles, its more about the fact that my first steps each morning resemble hobbling. My body is getting old and slowly starting to fail me.

There are a few things I would like to achieve before I hit fifty, I'm writing them here in the hopes that it will motivate me.
  • Write a novel and get it published
  • Visit India
  • Be someone who keeps a tidy house
  • Get fit
  • And lastly, win Division 1 LOTTO so I can do all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment