Monday 23 July 2012

Some of What Cheeses me off

I feel like having a vent, so here goes.

  • The people who try to wash your windscreen at traffic lights. I am all for free enterprise, but these people really annoy me, they can be intimdating. I don't normally want my windscreen washed, but when I do I normally give a gold coin, that's 1-2 dollars for a 30 second job. I didn't earn that teaching. I Today at a set of lights there were four guys waiting to wash windscreens, I felt under seige. In my experience, by the time you tell them you don't want your windscreen washed, they have already started, so you either have to pay up, or are left with a soapy windscreen. Maybe I'm not as left wing as I like to think I am, because I just want to yell, "Get a job!", then I feel cross with myself for thinking uncharitable thoughts.
  • Blocked numbers. I really HATE blocked numbers. I'm not talking about friends who call from a private home phone, I'm talking about organisations, usually banks, who call with a blocked number. Friends who call me from a blocked number leave a message, these big businesses don't. This is so rude, they rang me, they should leave a message because I don't answer blocked numbers.
  • The toilet paper being put on the wrong way. In my world the toilet paper should be put on with the loose sheet hanging over the roll, not under it.
The right way
   The wrong way

For me this just seems the most hygenic way, Wikipedia have outlined the following points for the over argument.

  • Over reduces the risk of accidentally brushing the wall or cabinet with one's knuckles, potentially transferring grime and germs.
  • Over makes it easier to visually locate and to grasp the loose end.
  • Over gives hotels, cruise ships, office buildings, public places and homeowners with guest bathrooms the option to fold over the last sheet to show that the room has been cleaned
  • Over is generally the intended direction of viewing for the manufacturer's branding, so patterned toilet paper looks better this way

  • The only arguments for the under method were that under was more asthetically pleasing and that it reduces the risk of pets and toddlers playing with the roll. I will take hygiene over asthetics any day.


    Whenever I am at some-one's house and they have the toilet paper around the wrong way, I change it, that really must cheese some people off!

    This is just the beginning of a very,very long list...


    No comments:

    Post a Comment