Thursday 15 November 2012

A Matter of Time

It was the Mahjong Nazi's birthday today, 69 years (and we love her even when she is not playing Mahjong).

 Tonight, we celebrated the Majong Nazi's birthday, we celebrated her seven cancer free years. This is incredible, we all love her and as a registered nurse she had diagnosed her own death quite a few times.

I got a phone call telling me that my last breast MRI showed something concerning. I received this notification last Thursday, my appointment is tomorrow. My issue is that somehow it has taken approximately one month for my MRI results to go from the 1st floor of the hospital to the 2nd floor Breast Centre.

Have we moved so slowly in the area of breast cancer research that it now takes a month to send the results from an MRI which is abnormal to the next floor and a doctor to analyse them?'

Personally, I actually feel quite sick right now, and if I do have cancerous breast cells, I would have wanted to be informed earlier, if only by a month!
I don't want to sound like a drama queen, but actually I am frightfully afraid. My thoughts tonight are torn between getting hideously drunk, or mildly drunk. I'm going with mildly...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Colleen what a horrible thing to go through. That is not good enough. So hope your appt goes well. Big hugs. Trish xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your news.
    Things aren't as scary now with those diagnosis - recovery is very good and less invasive ops than it use to be. My cousin, (Cliff's 2nd cousin) Helen has had it recently and maybe able to offer you some personal insight. Cliff's cousin Gaye is another survivor too.

    Damn disappointing for the medical system. Please officially complain about that as quality control is something the DOHWA like to keep on top of.

    I hope everything goes well for you. Lynne M.

    ReplyDelete