Friday 17 August 2012

A Little Star

I love picking Riley up from school. I only do it twice a week due to work and they have a kiss and drive which I also love as I am quite antisocial.  I really feel a huge surge of love as I see Riley running over to my car with his big bag bouncing behind him.

Every time he gets into the car I ask him about his day, he always says it was 'great'. Sometimes I get more information, but more often than not, 'great' is all I hear. I always ask him what the best bit of the day was and he always say, "Seeing You". This is sweet, but after 400 plus days I would like to hear a different highlight.

Today when I picked Riley up I could see that he was clutching a piece of paper about the size of an award certificate and he was smiling the biggest smile ever. He got into the car and yes, he did have an award. He was so excited, he said he got his award, two stickers, a round of applause, a stamp and a rubber from the special award box.

This might sound pretty standard to many people, but we have spent the last three years at a school that does not believe in awards, so aside from pre-primary, this is the first award he has received. As soon as we got home he ran to the neighbour's house to show her his award. Cute, but even cuter given that fact that we barely know this woman. Fortunately she kindly read the award and told him well done.

When we got inside he took a photo out of another frame and placed his award inside.

He is so proud, we are so proud. Sometimes its the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment