Tuesday 28 August 2012

Busting!

Riley is eight, but his bladder does not seem to know that know that. At least once a week, usually more, we reach the end of the street that his school is on and he declares he is, "Busting!". It is quite a small street, so from the time that he gets into the car and we get to the end of the street is about one minute tops. A minute prior when he has got into the car there is no sign of busting and then 60 seconds later it is a matter of urgency that we stop immediately so he can get out and wee on the verge.

Until very recently I used to stop on the side of the road and let him get out. I did this because there is nothing I hate more than busting to go to the loo and because I didn't want to have to clean up the mess if he didn't make it.

Yesterday, like clockwork, there was the cry of 'busting' and after the frustrating conversation of, "Why didn't you go before you left school?", I didn't need to.", I thought I would test him, because when I'm busting it is because I have consciously held on for too long, this is not the case with him. Miraculously he made it all the way home, although I could feel the car bouncing as he tried to keep it in. I had a serious talk with him about going at the end of school. Yes mum, he agreed.

Today, as we got to the end of the road the school is on, what did I hear? "Busting!"

No comments:

Post a Comment